High Tide Aquatics

Branching Hammer DBTC

Corallus

Supporting Member
I picked up the frag that grew into the mother colony at one of our frags swaps a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, it came from @Coral reefer, but it was a while ago, so it's 100% sure. There's a bit of this around the club already, but it's a nice hardy strain that's been in tanks for years, so if someone is looking to start keeping euphyllia, this is a great one to consider. Having a tough time getting the color right, but it's got green stems with purple tip polyps.

Here's the colony, it's a little bigger than a softball
hammer-2.jpg

Here's the frag I accidentally broke off a while back. It's 4 heads, and has a pretty long base, so whoever takes it can cut it back if need be. I was going to give this away a little while back, but found a small aiptasia growing on the stem. I'm pretty sure I've taken care of it - have not seen it grow back for over a month, but just in case. Those and some harmless but annoying flatworms are my two pests to be aware of.
hammer-3.jpg

DBTC rules for this; 2 decent size, multi head frags back into the chain, and if you have a frag and I need one, bump me to the top of the list. I prefer people not sell this, but nice frags at the local swaps are good.

Pickup at my place in SF/South of Market.

Last edited:
Back