High Tide Aquatics

BRS, subbar advice packaged in professional setting

I was out of the hobby and out of touch for a while so I watched a ton of their videos trying to catch up to everything that had changed.

Same here. BRS videos were a big part of giving me the bug again and getting me back into the hobby after a lot of time had passed since I had even Googled “reef keeping.”

Yes, BRS should go back and correct their videos, as several suggest, for sure. But it’s tough to see the forest thru the trees when we’re in the day-to-day grind.

What if someone sends their customer service email a link to this thread? They do run a proper business and no doubt would appreciate the feedback.

Same here. BRS videos were a big part of giving me the bug again and getting me back into the hobby after a lot of time had passed since I had even Googled “reef keeping.”

Yes, BRS should go back and correct their videos, as several suggest, for sure. But it’s tough to see the forest thru the trees when we’re in the day-to-day grind.

What if someone sends their customer service email a link to this thread? They do run a proper business and no doubt would appreciate the feedback.
They will not remove these videos because most of these videos are product placment nothing more.

They will not remove these videos because most of these videos are product placment nothing more.

They are in the business of product sales, after all. if they value their informational reputation they’d update the videos, presuming that’s even possible.

Although I agree that they should correct mistakes I do believe they give different products a shot and sometimes recommend alternatives that they don’t sell. I believe they’re doing us a favor by trying out things that are difficult for us to try. I think their motives are good. They have a long history of trying to help educate us. Look up Ryan’s first video.

You can update youtube videos. I’ve had affiliates do that when they misrepresented my company. I believe BRS could update it without having to take down the video
I didn’t know if it was possible or not, thank you for clarifying that. That makes it even less acceptable that they don’t. Maybe they don’t realize it’s an option?

Back