Reef nutrition

Buying a Condo. What would you look out for

I think there would be totally different considerations depending on whether you want to live in this condo temporarily to build equity toward your forever-home or house purchase in 3-6 years (then suffering with the conditions is a little is more acceptable) or just want your final home to be the condo in which case it better be acceptable on many levels.
It’s certainly an equity play. This won’t be the final place we ever live. Buyers right now are giving up all protections and it seems crazy to me specially when I walk into a place with a HoA that’s only 50% funded and the unit has had multiple water issues and it’s off market three days later for 25k above ask. It’s wild to me. I know I don’t have a choice but still doesn’t feel right.

Way back, we decided to deal with driving over the bridge in order to own a house not a condo.
Union City by the bay was a sweet spot for us as far as cost/schools/safety/microclimate.
No regrets.
Now that we can afford a place on the peninsula, and kid is off to college, we still have no plans to move.

As far as a condo: Ideal is the tall skinny 2 story type where you own both floors and a carport.

Way back, we decided to deal with driving over the bridge in order to own a house not a condo.
Union City by the bay was a sweet spot for us as far as cost/schools/safety/microclimate.
No regrets.
Now that we can afford a place on the peninsula, and kid is off to college, we still have no plans to move.

As far as a condo: Ideal is the tall skinny 2 story type where you own both floors and a carport.
I’ve looked and even out towards San Jose we could afford a house. Unfortunately across the bridge and that far south won’t work. I totally hear you on the preference between a house and condo though.

Well I can happily say that the title of the post should be change from Condo to bought a house within walking distance of Neptune.

We are so excited to close at the end of the month.

I am waiting for the prints to see where I can put a larger tank.

I would welcome the communities opinions on the build.

Layout below. Would love to find a way to run the sump in the garage with the display tank in the laundry/mud room.

@Srt4eric would love to hear your thoughts on if that’s possible or too much headache.

There is also a basement below the laundry room, but I’d be concerned about humidity down there if a large sump was placed down there.
8B07A62A-9104-4F17-A2D2-B211C9A99F3E.png

C4F562A9-9224-4318-83F5-BF6403FCB155.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I can happily say that the title of the post should be change from Condo to bought a house within walking distance of Neptune.

We are so excited to close at the end of the month.

I am waiting for the prints to see where I can put a larger tank.

I would welcome the communities opinions on the build.

Layout below. Would love to find a way to run the sump in the garage with the display tank in the laundry/mud room.

@Srt4eric would love to hear your thoughts on if that’s possible or too much headache.

There is also a basement below the laundry room, but I’d be concerned about humidity down there if a large sump was placed down there.
View attachment 31216
View attachment 31217
Congratz!

Back