Cali Kid Corals

Buying Quarantined fish from Bay bridge

It is amazing how difficult it is to do what he's doing. I purchased two Flame Wrasses from him last year before he moved locations when he got about 20 of them in. He kept me updated on progress, but apparently none of them made it. I can't imagine what that cost him. I believe there was a second batch as well, but not enough of those made it for me to get mine. Hopefully the next time he gets a pair in I'll get mine. He did ship me a beautiful Betta I also wanted which flew through QT without issue, and it's doing great.
Dang that's rough. All the more props to BBA. I've brought in dozens of flame wrasses (a decade ago - I'm out) and don't recall losing any. No treatment in those tanks either. Just acclimation, w/c, and good food.

I like BBA. Hope they do well. The fact they're trying to qt is great.

On a side note, isn't it true that it takes months to qt for ich alone because it can remain dormant inside a fish ? I distinctly remember reading an article stating something to that effect. Point being, I don't think it's possible to ever truly be "in the clear".
Glad to hear that!
It can take months to cure if it's in the tank already, and in the "tomont" stage. That's like an egg/cyst. That doesn't stay on the fish. Keeping the water warmer speeds up the life cycle tremendously, too.
When I QT a fish, it goes into a sterilized, bleached, clean tank, so there's no ich or velvet in there from the get go. Or anything else.

Wish I could get more flame wrasses in, but no more Hawaii :( But the Hooded Flame Wrasses are pretty awesome and regularly available now.
How much credit so I have since I have to give up on Flames? I guess after waiting a year it's time to figure something else out for us.

The wrass is healthy and eating. It gets out more and hang around with the other fish in the open.
I would conclude this transaction as success, thank you @MichaelW for getting me my wish fish.
I would go this route again for any expensive fish I want in the future.
Before I purchased one from a fish store near me, I thought I was saving some money only to realize I wasted 450$.

Attachments

• 20210514_092131.jpg
    20210514_092131.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210514_092137.jpg
    20210514_092137.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 143
One more update.
The wrass is doing great. Eating like a pig, colored up more and showing great personality. Absolutely love this fish. Very social and our swimming all day long.
Will give it another week and move him to the main tank as his final home..

Attachments

• 20210526_133728.jpg
    20210526_133728.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210526_132829.jpg
    20210526_132829.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 149
One more update.
The wrass is doing great. Eating like a pig, colored up more and showing great personality. Absolutely love this fish. Very social and our swimming all day long.
Will give it another week and move him to the main tank as his final home..
Good to hear. Hopefully when Mike figures out what's fair for the fish I payed for a year or so ago I'll have similar success with his stock.

Back