Our mission

Chemcast acrylic for sump?

Looking to get back in the hobby and trying to buy equipment and also do some diy. Wondering if anyone ever used Chemcast acrylic for their sump. Thanks in advance m.

I have built a few sumps (40-80 gal) out of 1/4”and 3/8” cell cast acrylic from TAP Plastics. Not sure what brand it was….but probably Chemcast since that is what TAP Plastics carries. Much easier to work with than extruded acrylic. I’m a hobbyist woodworker and have a small wood shop which made it fun and straightforward. The key is making sure your edges are clean and straight (think tablesaw and jointer). Happy to give you tips if you go down this path.

I have built a few sumps (40-80 gal) out of 1/4”and 3/8” cell cast acrylic from TAP Plastics. Not sure what brand it was….but probably Chemcast since that is what TAP Plastics carries. Much easier to work with than extruded acrylic. I’m a hobbyist woodworker and have a small wood shop which made it fun and straightforward. The key is making sure your edges are clean and straight (think tablesaw and jointer). Happy to give you tips if you go down this path.
Thank you so much. I think I will go with glass sump that I will buy and put together from ikea. I would do diy acrylic (Chemcast) for my ato reservoir.

Back