Cali Kid Corals

Classroom Monti Cap Growout Invitation

So...I was able to recover my frag a few months ago which was pretty much dead and it is now growing well. Better late than never.
475c0200bad2d35a1e982e648c02a92c.jpg

I missed this post. Thanks for the update @Wlachnit. I told this semester's students about the monti experiment and they think the class that started it somehow knew all about corals. They would also like to do an experiment like it, but we have no montis since the nudibranch munch and are going monti-free for awhile.

Update - the red monti kept trying to kill the green monti, but orange and starburst are compatible and swirl nicely with it.
0f6b4604b7a36221bf9b12e5fc6bd3a3.jpg

@Chromis That is very interesting! Near the top, did the green and starburst swirl together on their own or did you glue multiple frags of each near each other? Thanks for posting this.

@Chromis Near the top, did the green and starburst swirl together on their own or did you glue multiple frags of each near each other?
They swirled on their own. Seems to work best if you place two equal sized montis next to each other. If you place one on or above the other, the top one will create an inner swirl with itself and the bottom one will swirl on the bottom outside forming like an inner and outer cone.

They started like this - I had to remove a lot of the red monti because it grew so much faster and blocked light for the others.
efff3e3ce7fe7cc4ea484d16585c9e14.jpg

Back