Our mission

Coral ID please

Hello.
Dunno if you guys know or not. But I’m horrible with coral names. Mostly because I don’t care. I just grow them. Well. We received a generous gift from @Gudhjem. He doesn’t have a name for it. This is what I know. It’s a staghorn, slimmer, brown body purple tips. Here are some pictures with lights off.
We will be fragging it and sharing it with members at the frag swap along with a purple stylo that @Gudhjem donated also.
IMG_3253.jpeg
IMG_3252.jpeg

I had huge colonies of myagi tort. They are green body with dark blue. At least I don’t think it is.
Under my lights. It’s a blush near 2” to the top with a purple hue at the tip. Only on some tho.

Last edited:
Lately I've been more interested in learning coral taxonomy rather than the razzle dazzle marketing name.
Same! It's a fun rabbit hole.
From searching, comparing the corallite structure and long branch thinness, I think it's an acropora loisetteae.

Excellent candidate and potential ID IMO
Definitely interested in a piece. The simpleness of brown with highlighted tips is something you see a lot of in the wild.
@Turkeysammich Sign me up for a piece. I'd like to see how it develops in my tank.

Lately I've been more interested in learning coral taxonomy rather than the razzle dazzle marketing name. From searching, comparing the corallite structure and long branch thinness, I think it's an acropora loisetteae.

Definitely interested in a piece. The simpleness of brown with highlighted tips is something you see a lot of in the wild.
You would know way better that I would. But yes it’s definitely something you would see in the wild. It’s aquaculture too. He grew it from a frag for over 8 years.

Back