got ethical husbandry?

Denver to the Bay Area!

Hey everyone! So as the title says I'll be moving on out to the bay area here soon for a new job! I am hoping to get a tank really soon once I get out there. However, I've noticed that everywhere has a limit on 20 gallons... Anyone renting out a room or a guest/cottage home on here starting in July? Would be nice to have a fellow reefer roommate. =D

If any of you guys are also working in the video game industry, let me know!
Here is my art!
https://www.artstation.com/artist/jharris

WELCOME

Wow your art is actually pretty good. I like it.

As far as rental agreements and aquarium size limits, it all depends on your landlord.

Some places will let you have a 100 gallon tank. Some places won't let you keep a goldfish bowl. Some places say no pets at all but haven't bothered to talk to you about your 40 gallon fish tank ;)

Looking for a room/apartment to rent? Try: I found my place on craigslist.

craigslist.org
padmapper

Be prepared for high prices though. On the San Francisco Peninsula, $1,400 for a 1 bedroom is dirt cheap. As you look further inland (example: livermore, and such), the prices go down slightly.

Its going to vary a lot what the rules for aquariums are since there are a lot of small rental units and each landlord has their own rules. My landlady has absolutely no pet or aquarium policy which works out well for me. You just have to look around and try to find something with a policy that works.

Welcome to BAR and (soon) to the Bay Area!

Where (location wise) will you be working? I personally live in the South Bay but work in Los Gatos.

I'm also into WoW (well, I was) but currently into Hearthstone, CSGO, and HotS.

Dont live in east palo alto/ravenswood. Its dangerous.

Housing in east palo alto is unusually lower than other cities nearby because of this.

Palo alto itself is fine.

Welcome to the southbay. We moved out here from Boston in November.

You may find cheaper housing up around Redwood City, but traffic out here is abysmal compared to the ret of the country.

Good luck on the housing front and getting a tank setup out here. We had good luck with the tank here and less luck with the housing :) We ended up with a small overpriced house in Mountain View, but my wife likes it.

Check out the sponsor forums for locations of bay area stores worth visiting.

Theyre all different and have different stuff at different prices.

Im closest to aquatic collection but I visit them all.

Back