Jestersix

Fauna Marin Salt

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
If anyone happens to be at Neptune in the next two days or so, would you mind asking them if they have this salt in stock? They might be the only ones still carrying this (Richard from CoralVue mentioned this to me).

The salt has been out of stock for a while now across the US due to the shipping delay to the US. A new container is now imminent to clear customs, but it will take a while to make it to the wholesalers and then to retail.

Topic Marin salt is of equal quality, but I wanted to try their salt now, and I need to decide in the next two days whether I still have to order the Tropic Marin salt for this round.

Thanks!

It in stock

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 51
On the topic of Salt - I went the other day to buy more from them, but they only carry the Red Sea black bucket which mixes at 12dkh(!) - are that many people using that stuff that it's the only one to carry? 12 seems crazy high.

On the topic of Salt - I went the other day to buy more from them, but they only carry the Red Sea black bucket which mixes at 12dkh(!) - are that many people using that stuff that it's the only one to carry? 12 seems crazy high.
I use the blue bucket because I wasn't really sure why you'd want 12dkh.

I use the blue bucket because I wasn't really sure why you'd want 12dkh.
Those high alk salt mixes are meant to be for people who don’t dose alk or anything else, just rely on water changes for everything. And generally don’t test either. This was a very common way to reef years ago. Maybe it still is among more casual hobbyists.

Those high alk salt mixes are meant to be for people who don’t dose alk or anything else, just rely on water changes for everything. And generally don’t test either. This was a very common way to reef years ago. Maybe it still is among more casual hobbyists.
Ahh, that would make sense. Thank you for helping me understand. The hobby really has come so far in such a small amount of time!

I use it on my 12g nano, does a fine job of keeping up levels without dosing. Good for folks doing auto water changes too.

If anyone happens to be at Neptune in the next two days or so, would you mind asking them if they have this salt in stock? They might be the only ones still carrying this (Richard from CoralVue mentioned this to me).

The salt has been out of stock for a while now across the US due to the shipping delay to the US. A new container is now imminent to clear customs, but it will take a while to make it to the wholesalers and then to retail.

Topic Marin salt is of equal quality, but I wanted to try their salt now, and I need to decide in the next two days whether I still have to order the Tropic Marin salt for this round.

Thanks!

FWIW they have their own forum here, and Robert is semi active here.

Bought two of these today from Neptune and will make the switch from Tropic Marin soon. Comes from the same production facility as Tropic Marin but cheaper. The bucket is probably less useful afterwards, but I do have enough buckets already :).

Tried to do a comparison of the salt add-ons between FM and TM but seems like TM has limited details. However, TM has lower Alkalinity, higher Mag, and higher CA than FM from what I have seen.

IMG_6792.jpeg
IMG_6793.jpeg

Back