Jestersix

[feature request] frag receivers add frags to chain

richiev

Supporting Member
I've just joined and got my first DBTC frag. To me it's unexpected that the person I got it from has to deal with adding me to their chain versus me doing it. It feels like I should be the one who has to do the extra work versus them. Optionally with an approval step.

Thoughts on allowing this workflow?

Is DBTC open source and allowing pull requests?

I just see that as part of starting a chain or agreeing to be included into the chain. It's super easy for the person who gave you the frag to add you to it.

I'm not saying it's a high load, particularly for someone who already knows how to use all the barcode/dbtc stuff, but it just feels the inverted workflow could be less steps, and easier on the frag giver. Eg:

1. I request
2. I pick up
3. other person needs to pull up the UI, find me, add me
4. I need to see I was added, and get bugged to add a pic or details
5. I go in and do all that

versus

1. I request
2. I pick up
3. *I* find the existing request I had, mark it fulfilled, and simultaneously add a pic
4. (optional) the frag giver can approve it, or if auto-approving can reject it aftewards

Not a huge change, but maps to my mental model a bit better and seems slightly simpler.

Both scenario's can be done today. I can go on and say I got a frag from someone, they just have to confirm it.

I see it as preventing people from saying they got a frag when they didn't, or trying to add themselves onto a chain that is really a different one.

something that would be nice and I'm not sure is possible nowadays, is the option to add current pictures of the frags we've received. I think the pictures can only be added by the person giving the frags.

Both scenario's can be done today. I can go on and say I got a frag from someone, they just have to confirm it.

I see it as preventing people from saying they got a frag when they didn't, or trying to add themselves onto a chain that is really a different one.
oh, nice. Is there a guide somewhere that says how to do that? I went through the UI numerous times, clicking all the things I could find, and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

something that would be nice and I'm not sure is possible nowadays, is the option to add current pictures of the frags we've received. I think the pictures can only be added by the person giving the frags.

That feature also exists today

oh, nice. Is there a guide somewhere that says how to do that? I went through the UI numerous times, clicking all the things I could find, and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Go to the colony in barcode, scroll to the right, and the hand holding the heart is the button to click to say you gave a frag.

I can't find where you say you got a frag, but that feature exists because I have had someone do it to me. Is there a specific frag you got that you want added?

Below is how you add a picture

Screenshot 2022-01-13 112233.png

Edit: I just did this with my frag and you can see the corresponding barcode update on the main page.

Last edited:
That feature also exists today

Go to the colony in barcode, scroll to the right, and the hand holding the heart is the button to click to say you gave a frag.

I can't find where you say you got a frag, but that feature exists because I have had someone do it to me. Is there a specific frag you got that you want added?

Below is how you add a picture

View attachment 34621

Edit: I just did this with my frag and you can see the corresponding barcode update on the main page.

The use case I'm talking about is me, the frag receiver doing these. I think the flows you're referring to all are for the frag giver.

Eg, I'm specifically talking about:

> I can't find where you say you got a frag, but that feature exists because I have had someone do it to me. Is there a specific frag you got that you want added?

Which I haven't been able to find in the UI.

No, the recipient cannot make the change in BARcode, only the giver. There is a feature where the recipient can remind the giver that they got a frag, to encourage the giver to make the update.

The reason for this restriction is to keep it simple. The thinking is that the giver has already learned a bit about BARcode since they added their item whereas the recipient has no clue ;)

You’d be surprised at the messes people make even with the limited options available. I was.

Reactions: JVU
It’s up to Pablo if/how to implement since this is his creation.

To me it makes sense that either person should be able to tell BARcode that the handoff happened, mostly just to make it less likely that it doesn’t get documented at all. We have had that happen several times where the giver isn’t as comfortable with BARcode or just forgets etc and it goes undocumented unless they get bugged to do it or one of us on the Board does it for them.

Back