Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Finally finished setting up my tank

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
116
After unknowingly dealing with copper for several months, I finally took down the tank. I discarded the old rocks and sand, then thoroughly cleaned all the equipment with citric acid and vinegar. I really appreciate all the help and tips everyone gave me on how to tackle the issue. I got new rocks, created my own aquascape, and I’m really happy with the results.
IMG_3312.jpeg
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
3,509
Very cool scape. Fish don't have many places to hide today, but as coral gets added and grows, there are more possibilities. I have also heard (and experienced) that only 1 zebramosa genus is good per tank, and that they get aggressive eventually. More hiding places can help, but the aggression comes through eventually. So I would consider more hiding places, and trading 1 of the 2 zebramosa for another genus of fish.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
116
Very cool scape. Fish don't have many places to hide today, but as coral gets added and grows, there are more possibilities. I have also heard (and experienced) that only 1 zebramosa genus is good per tank, and that they get aggressive eventually. More hiding places can help, but the aggression comes through eventually. So I would consider more hiding places, and trading 1 of the 2 zebramosa for another genus of fish.
The scopes tang was aggressive but now I haven’t seen any aggression I had those for few months.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 13, 2025
Messages
243
After unknowingly dealing with copper for several months, I finally took down the tank. I discarded the old rocks and sand, then thoroughly cleaned all the equipment with citric acid and vinegar. I really appreciate all the help and tips everyone gave me on how to tackle the issue. I got new rocks, created my own aquascape, and I’m really happy with the results.View attachment 66183
reminds me of ancient Greek ruins
 
Top