High Tide Aquatics

Friday 13th got here a few hrs late

euod

Supporting Member
Power outage hits just on my block at 2 am this morning, a very slim chance at that. My whole grid should have been out but that was not the case. At this point I figure it was the curse of the 13th. I checked with PG&E and figure it would be back on by 5am and I would still be alright. I checked again at 6am and was told it would be 2 pm. Cutting it close but I knew I would not be heading to the pot luck. As I started to break in to the garage, that is where the tanks are, PG&E now predicted that power will be back on by 4pm. At this point I knew the game would be over. When I got to the tanks, the damage was starting as I saw some the livestocks were gone. I hooked on the battery operated air stones and hope for the best at this point.

power went ou at 2am and you check the tanks at what time? FYI - If it was PG&E fault and you have losses you can file a claim against them. I did once and they paid my claim.

Overall, could have been worst as always.
That was 16 hrs outage for one block.
Battery air stone works sufficient without the noise from the gas generator.

power went ou at 2am and you check the tanks at what time? FYI - If it was PG&E fault and you have losses you can file a claim against them. I did once and they paid my claim.

I did not get to the tank until 9-9:30am after I had breakfast and watched cartoons:) Naaah, the tanks were locked in the garage and could not access easily.
Thanks, I will file a claim. PM coming later.

fyi - they will only pay the claim if it was their fault, if it was cause by something else like a car hitting a power pole or something, you are out of luck. Also you will need proof (pictures of the tank). Check their web site for filing claims.

Back