Reef nutrition

Getting back into the hobby after 12 years

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
Finally decided to get back into the hobby after more than 12 years without a reef tank. A lot has changed since I had my 29g nanoreef set up. After looking around and doing some research I decided I wanted to go for something that would be plug-and-play. I am not the best at DYI stuff. So, I ended up with a Red Sea Max 206E. It has finished cycling and I added two clowns about 3 weeks ago. So far everything is going well. The skimmer is louder than I would like, but otherwise no complaints. Added my first two corals a 1.5 weeks ago. They are two maze brain corals that appear to be doing well. Maze brains have always been a favorite of mine.

I set up my AI Hydra 26's similar to the set up on the BRS youtube video. I added a cleaner crew that has gone to town on all the initially algae.

Planning on adding another fish or two next week when I have some time off. I found some fellow reefers who will be giving me some starter coral frags to add to the tank.

Looking forward to learning more as I go. If any of you have any general advice or any particular advice when it comes to the Red Sea Max 260E let me know.

Thanks,

Gerry

Reactions: JVU
Welcome back to reefing! It would be great if you started a tank journal and put up a photo. I'd love to see those maze brains. BTW where are you located?

Back