Reef nutrition

Goldenrod Anacropora - What is wrong?

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Attached the water parameters (all validated by ICP). PAR is approx 300 where this it is located. All other SPS do exceptionally well, except this one. I assume it getting white on the bottom is not a good sign, although it looks like growth tips.

Whoever has this too, can you let me know what PAR you running with it? I can move it to another area with up to 500 PAR but I was not sure if it wants more or less light.

IMG_7053.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_1980.jpeg

Mine is only getting around 200 PAR max, doing fine. I don’t think that’s a light issue though - maybe flow or some kind of pest? It’s definitely dying back from the base. Mine doesn’t really encrust much at all but it’s not receding like that either…odd!

My lime anacropora (not goldenrod) lost its color when I changed my light and moved its place from 150 to 250 par. It regained the color after 3-4 weeks. Your white base is worrisome. What par did it have before?

Mine is only getting around 200 PAR max, doing fine. I don’t think that’s a light issue though - maybe flow or some kind of pest? It’s definitely dying back from the base. Mine doesn’t really encrust much at all but it’s not receding like that either…odd!

Mine are yellow highlighter colored, pale neon green-yellow. Polyps straight gray

They’re growing so idk.

Thank you all. My suspicion was too much light; I just did not understand how this could be for this type of coral. It really did quite well and grew until I started increasing the Reefis from around 200 or less to 250+ and then moving over to even stronger settings on the current light, where it is slightly above 300 now.

Last edited:
Back