Our mission

Green-Blue Birdsnest and Red Montipora frags

wayne

Supporting Member
I fragged the main colonies a long time ago and I've been lazy about posting so they've grown into mini colonies. I'd bring these to the next frag swap but I need/want to just clear out the frag rack.

For reference, the frag rack is 6"x2.75". Pest free.

some photos taken with a lens. free for bar members.
Redwood City.

IMG_1149.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg

Hi Wayne. Thanks for offering these to the club. I moved this to PIF since you are giving them away to supporting members.

Your tank looks nice and healthy!

All the healed frags have been claimed for however if you still want a frag of either, I can frag as needed cause tbh the colony is out of control

Is that birdsnest or pocillopora? My comparison from my frag tank:

1000008756.jpg

birds nest is the lower one with the points. Pocillopora is the one of the left with beefier branches. Digitata in the background.

The person I bought it from originally told me it was a birdsnest coral (it was also suppose to be blue and pink but thats neither here nor there lol)
It kinda looks similar to this tidal gardens one, but not as bright and my photography skills are not that good lol https://tidalgardens.com/stock-blue-zing-birds-nest-seriatopora.html

My understanding is that there are a few different species of seriatopora and called birdsnest as a group, the one you have with the pointed ends might be Seriatopora hystrix, which is what most people associate the name birdsnest with. I think the one I have is Seriatopra guttatus with the blunted tips.

Both Seriatopora sp. and Pocillopora sp. are in family Pocilloporidae so yeah it can be hard to tell. Birdsnest often has neat rows of polyps

Back