Jestersix

Happy Carpets!

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Look at the size of these babies!

IMG_0034.jpeg

He's not really keeping them though. Long term, absolutely, resale, use what was in the tank already.
I understand that but Nems in general often don't show distress for many months once a "slide" starts" and they are unhappy. Certainly not saying that's the case here, but they can be delicate and keeping them in optimal conditions prior to a move to a new tank would make sense if it's easy. That's why I was curious.

That being said my Haddoni was kept in a bare "nem" basket for months prior to me getting it in a tank. It's doing fine, but it was a concern.

I understand that but Nems in general often don't show distress for many months once a "slide" starts" and they are unhappy. Certainly not saying that's the case here, but they can be delicate and keeping them in optimal conditions prior to a move to a new tank would make sense if it's easy. That's why I was curious.

That being said my Haddoni was kept in a bare "nem" basket for months prior to me getting it in a tank. It's doing fine, but it was a concern.

Would you prefer to be slide off the bottom, or ground with sandpaper? It's far harder on the nem to remove it below sand then is with reef bones.

These will have home fairly fast with minimal stress from holding. Usually they sit in a carpeted tank at the exporters.

Would you prefer to be slide off the bottom, or ground with sandpaper? It's far harder on the nem to remove it below sand then is with reef bones.

These will have home fairly fast with minimal stress from holding. Usually they sit in a carpeted tank at the exporters.
It's a good point.

They have direct access to the bottom glass. And although you can’t see it, but there’s enough sand mixed with the Aragonite substrate to make them feel more comfortable.

I need to find bigger tank for them…lol

Back