got ethical husbandry?

Have any of you raised brine shrimp? Need advice…

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Well,
As the title says I’m looking for brine shrimp advice. I have been wanting to hatch and raise them but have had very little success. I can hatch them pretty easily. Whenever I add any kind of food no matter how little the shrimp die off within hours.

I have found several sources online but can’t seem to figure it out. The set up I have is pretty simple: a small heater that keeps the water at 78-80 and an air stone/air pump for circulation and agitation. This brings back memories of when I was a kid and they had those sea monkey kits you could buy. Never had issues raising those guys.

For food I have tried reef roids, finely ground TDO pellets, and liquid phytoplankton.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gerry

Spiralina? Is there such thing as gut loading brine? the brine carrying the nutrition value in its appealing to the fish body? It was common to gut load feeders when I was breeding reptiles back in the day.

I sometimes feed frozen hikari spiralina mysis and brine assuming its gut loaded with the spiralina rather than just added next to the brine and mysis then frozen together. Am I assuming wrong?

Back