Neptune Aquatics

Hello from Oakland!

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
Hi everyone,

Returning to the reef forum world as I've been putting more effort and $ back into my tank. Started out 25+ years ago as a kid helping out with my dad's office tank then later working at Lucky Goldfish in Oakland through school. Couple highlights are the 25 years in captivity yellow tang in the office tank and my 16 year old mated pair of captive bred perculas from Mobert of the old reefcentral days.
20220509_170046.jpg
20220413_130704.jpg

I've been stocking up on frags and inverts from Robert at Neptune the past few months so things are looking back to normal. Hope to chat with you all more soon!

Since you're in Oakland you should check out @under_water_ninja new lfs. Hightide aquatics
Ah will do! I've been to Bay Bridge and picked up a Pintail Fairy Wrasse earlier this year. Decided to join the BAR club too since I found out about the 10% discount from Robert. I frequently go from Santa Cruz to Oakland, so it's on the way home.

I also heard there's a PAR meter that can be borrowed? But I guess there's a 2 month wait for new folks. I wanted to start checking spots in my tank to see if my AI Hydra is starting to show its age and where I should be putting corals and potential clams.

Hi everyone,

Returning to the reef forum world as I've been putting more effort and $ back into my tank. Started out 25+ years ago as a kid helping out with my dad's office tank then later working at Lucky Goldfish in Oakland through school. Couple highlights are the 25 years in captivity yellow tang in the office tank and my 16 year old mated pair of captive bred perculas from Mobert of the old reefcentral days.View attachment 38609View attachment 38610

I've been stocking up on frags and inverts from Robert at Neptune the past few months so things are looking back to normal. Hope to chat with you all more soon!
Old fish are the best fish!
But I’m confused...are the two pics of the same tank?
25 year old tang is the oldest I’ve heard around here
My compliments
And welcome

Old fish are the best fish!
But I’m confused...are the two pics of the same tank?
25 year old tang is the oldest I’ve heard around here
My compliments
And welcome
Top tank is the 90g office tank (started as a 55G fish only about 26 years ago). Bottom is my 29g home tank. The tang is so old it's turning gray and has a receding "hairline" dorsal fin. But still super active and eats like a pig! No idea how old it actually is since it was an adult when we got it. Clowns in that 90g tank are 14 years old, from another clutch of the same percula pair.

I know the emperor angelfish at the Waikiki aquarium is much older (fairly sure it's 30+ if it's still alive).

@Darkxerox
Did you ever make it it the octopus’s garden in Berkeley way back when?
I think I may have gone by once years back and loved the murals outside. I think it became a dispensary as of late. We used to just get nearly everything from Lucky Goldfish until they closed about 10 years ago. Since then we've literally just been going off salt and food for the past 8 years or so and haven't added much back until recent months.

I think I may have gone by once years back and loved the murals outside. I think it became a dispensary as of late. We used to just get nearly everything from Lucky Goldfish until they closed about 10 years ago. Since then we've literally just been going off salt and food for the past 8 years or so and haven't added much back until recent months.
Keep less...LONGER

TOG was mine
Best fishes and happy reefing

Back