Neptune Aquatics

Hello from Walnut Creek

Hello all!!. Been into saltwater tanks and reef keeping for about 13 years now. Ive had tanks from nano up to my 800 gallon in wall living room tank over the years. Hope I can learn some new things and possibly pass on my knowledge of mistakes and successes to others. See ya around

Welcome to our community! I’m in Walnut Creek too :)

Consider joining as a supporting member. There are lots of benefits that take advantage of being a local club.

Thanks for the warm welcome, ill take some pics today and post them for you all. How and what are the benefits of being a supporting member? Id be interested.

Thanks for the warm welcome, ill take some pics today and post them for you all. How and what are the benefits of being a supporting member? Id be interested.
$30 a year. Helps the club put together events like talks and frag swaps. Also gives you access to the b/s/t forums and our dbtc program. Also a lot of pay it forwards are for supporting members only.

Welcome to our community! I’m in Walnut Creek too :)

Consider joining as a supporting member. There are lots of benefits that take advantage of being a local club.
What are you using for local shops? I mainly use aquatic collections in hayward as there selection and health is great on livestock. Prices are a little high though but worth it imo based on my success with fish not getting sick and very few coral pests. I try to frag what i can for my smaller tanks.

Last edited:
Welcome, really like Walnut Creek, especially the food in the downtown. Isn’t calikid corals a little north of you in concord? I have never been there but saw there sale on yellow tangs for $119 I believe.

Reactions: JVU
Welcome! I’m nearby in Pleasant Hill.
Looking forward to seeing your tank pics - I suggest setting up a tank journal (see forums list) when you have time.
Also, when doing LFS rounds, Diablo Corals is over on Monument in Concord.

The DBTC program is an organized way to share coral with other members at no cost, and has been very active lately. There are rules that are used in general and others specific to certain higher-end offerings. A lot of people use it as a way to bank their coral since members will give back a frag if they lose their colony.

In addition, a lot of us have coral over-growing and we just give away a lot of frags (PIF). Plus people give away or inexpensively sell equipment/tanks/etc.

We have frag swaps a couple times a year where we meet as a group and share free coral with each other. Also in normal times we try to have meetup events once a month or so, for example behind the scenes tours of Steinhart or Monterey Bay, tours at Kessil, expert talks, restaurant and other socials, workshops, etc.

We have club equipment that members borrow for free such as 4 PAR meters, tank moving suction cups, CO2 meter, calibration thermometer, fish traps, 4 bandsaws.

Most importantly, it is a way to make personal connections with people from all kinds of backgrounds who share your hobby interests.

Back