Neptune Aquatics

Hello to BAR Reefers

sp2013

Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I heard there are a big community here from Bay Area. I personally don't know anyone into reefs in real life and want to know more people and learn their experience. I am excited to join here. Let me give a small intro. I have a Nuvo 10G AIO for 2~3 years and a small tisbe pods culture tank in the side for fun. Everything was pretty smooth with very small problems here and there until recently had a bad month and everything flipped so quickly while I was away. That pretty much wiped half of things in tank. That includes my favorite bubble tip anemone, frogspawn and one and only stylo died. At least my peppermint shrimp had a very good meal. Altho the water param looks good now, my emotional has not. I am looking for a rebound in the dead coral relationship and hope that things will look good again. I am not looking for anything expensive. If anyone has any cheap coral willing to sell/give, please let me know.

Hey @sp2013 , Glad to have you here! And sorry to hear about the troubles in your tank. Nano tanks can flip very quickly, and are especially hard to manage while away.

Have you considered joining us at the frag swap on June 1st? I’d say there is a solid chance you could go home with a Frogspawn, BTA, and Stylo (choose them in that order). It’s a great opportunity to find some cool corals.

Welcome! I second the recommendation to join us for the upcoming swap on 6/1 if you can. Good social scene plus you’ll be able to get more than enough coral to restock your tank if you want.

Nanos are tough, when they go south they go fast.

Welcome to our club. Being able to manage a 10-gallon tank is an achievement. Hope yours rebounds. There should be plenty of nice-looking easy to care corals at our frag swap in June.

Back