Neptune Aquatics

How has everyone’s corals from the swap been doing?

Fish Boss

Supporting Member
I’m surprised by how well mine have been doing! Great polyp extension on everything, toadstools had pretty good extension the next day, even better the day after. Been dialing in my flow, I have quite a lot of flow around the edges of my tank, trying to dial that back a bit and redirect more through the middle of my tank. My nepthea was getting a lot of flow, it was moving around a bit, thought it was fine. Woke up yesterday to see it exploded into like 3 pieces lol. All are doing well though. Mushroom coral has great extension. The tiny rainbow polyps frag that I couldnt really see very well has opened up, I see about 3 small polyps.

My SPS has far exceeded my expectations. The free acro frag I picked up has some nice peaks forming on the flat edges where it was cut. Beach bum monti looks about the same. The rainbow monti I got has amazing polyp extension and color. The mystic sunset monti I got was pretty beat up, it was a very big frag, I think a part of it was exposed to air on the drive home. Color was initially very dull, some looked dead, polyps were very small and black. Now, most of the color has brightened up to that reddish orange color, about half of the polyps look bigger and brighter, they have that half black half baby bluish color now.

The dbtc spicy favia I picked up has been doing great. I’ve fed it once so far, its plumping up. I want to power feed it to get good growth, but also dont want to over do it. Whats a good schedule for target feeding LPS? There was a small broken plastic piece that the frag had encrusted over, it was flapping a bit and causing the tissue on the hinge to recede, so I cut that off, should have a frag available for someone in the near future!

There’s more, but this is the majority of the ones I can actually photograph.

Thank you Erin @Kensington Reefer for the very chunky “frag” of Calfo sinularia, it’s starting to open up. No pulsing yet though

Also thanks to @divewsharks for the nice hammer. It looks worryingly edible and makes me hungry :p

IMG_6840.jpeg
IMG_6842.jpeg
IMG_6832.jpeg
IMG_6833.jpeg
IMG_6841.jpeg

There’s more, but this is the majority of the ones I can actually photograph.

Thank you Erin @Kensington Reefer for the very chunky “frag” of Calfo sinularia, it’s starting to open up. No pulsing yet though

Also thanks to @divewsharks for the nice hammer. It looks worryingly edible and makes me hungry :p

View attachment 62099View attachment 62100View attachment 62101View attachment 62102View attachment 62103
I know those are my GMKs but is that also my tropic thunder monti and oregon tort? looking good!

edit - the GMKs were growing really fast in about 200 PAR and medium flow. the monti was getting a shitload of light and flow both, grows fast and aggressive so be careful with placement. oregon tort is gonna grow slow as hell now matter what you do...sorry for such a tiny frag.

I know those are my GMKs but is that also my tropic thunder monti and oregon tort? looking good!
Yeah it is! I asked you what to get one round and you recommended the tort.

When I got home I realized I also got an oregon tort from @JVU in some previous round, but it looks different from yours.

When I got home I realized I also got an oregon tort from @JVU in some previous round, but it looks different from yours.
Got a pic? There's a DBTC here called oregon tort that's definitely not - might be one of those. The one from me is OG for sure - though very small.

The one I have and shared is from the DBTC started by @H2OPlayar, which I think is what @derek_SR is saying isn’t really Oregon tort. I don’t know one way or another. It’s a tort and it’s blue and it looks like pics I see of Oregon tort. But for sure we have some collectors here who care about lineage and are more discerning. The main thing that makes me think it isn’t a “real” Oregon tort is because it grows at a normal rate, whereas those who are more sure they have the original say it grows really slowly.

The one I have and shared is from the DBTC started by @H2OPlayar, which I think is what @derek_SR is saying isn’t really Oregon tort. I don’t know one way or another. It’s a tort and it’s blue and it looks like pics I see of Oregon tort. But for sure we have some collectors here who care about lineage and are more discerning. The main thing that makes me think it isn’t a “real” Oregon tort is because it grows at a normal rate, whereas those who are more sure they have the original say it grows really slowly.
I get a lot of green in mine too on the base and some polyps that's indicative of the Cali tort:
PXL_20241019_165422106.jpg

I'll need to get a piece of Oregon from @derek_SR and put it aside by side

Back