Cali Kid Corals

ID Nudibranch..

i think this is nudibranch... but i don't know what kinds, i just got new shroom n bounce coral, so i dipped with Bayer n that things is come off.. what should I do to prevent? Worries about eggs, i don't have qt tank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200527-134032_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200527-134032_Gallery.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 166
Oh man, I hope it's not a coral eating nudi. These guys are pain.
Their egg can be visible if you inspect carefully, usually on the part of the coral that is damaged or freshly eaten..

Inspect and see if there is signs of coral damage or egg.
If there is, I personally would not add the coral no matter what. But if you cannot do that, at least remove the egg and have the coral in accessible place that u can dip it when needed. Also have the coral bit isolated at least if you see hatchlings you can quickly take it out and dip it.
Read about the reproductive cycle of the nudi so you can plan proactive dips appropriately...

This is three bounce mushroom... they foot already grown in the frag... should i cut off the frag as much as possible? Worry the shroom too weak after these hours shipping..

Inspect and see if there is signs of coral damage or egg.
If there is, I personally would not add the coral no matter what. But if you cannot do that, at least remove the egg and have the coral in accessible place that u can dip it when needed. Also have the coral bit isolated at least if you see hatchlings you can quickly take it out and dip it.
Read about the reproductive cycle of the nudi so you can plan proactive dips appropriately...
Yes.. i would not add to tank, unless completely safe, can the eggs visible under ×2 magnifierglass?

Back