got ethical husbandry?

Is there a FW equivalent to BAR? Will BAR ever have an off topic: FW section?

Many of us started with and still have freshwater tanks. It's what got lots of us into fishkeeping. I have a lightly planted 75G. I just set a friend up with a planted 40 breeder. I wish I could get feedback on a personal and polite level like I find via BAR for planted/freshwater tanks. Will there ever be a FW subsection?

You could try SFBAAPS. It's a relatively small forum but they have plant swaps and meetups locally.

Edit: I've found myself thinking of FW aquascaping possibilities in my new 112gg reef tank. Won't happen but I can think of some cool scapes!

Update: at our Board meeting this week we did decide to have a freshwater section. Pablo @svreef is going to set it up.

We definitely are not trying to become a freshwater club or take away anything from existing FW clubs. Just trying to have a place where our SW members can also talk about FW if they want.
@svreef definitely deserves a raise!!! I don't feel that quadruple what we are paying him now is out of the question.

Update: at our Board meeting this week we did decide to have a freshwater section. Pablo @svreef is going to set it up.

We definitely are not trying to become a freshwater club or take away anything from existing FW clubs. Just trying to have a place where our SW members can also talk about FW if they want.
Woohoo! I'm certainly looking forward to having a FW section and journal (although not much goes on in my FW tank that's noteworthy). Has it been in the works for a while or was it because of my question?

Woohoo! I'm certainly looking forward to having a FW section and journal (although not much goes on in my FW tank that's noteworthy). Has it been in the works for a while or was it because of my question?
We had people asking about it off and on for a while, and finally decided to go through with it at the board meeting earlier this week.

Is there going to be freshwater sales forum too? Or will FW sales be mixed in on the current for sale/pay it forward forums?

Back