Jestersix

Landing in SJ from TX (via London)

Josh Kinsell

Supporting Member
Hey all - this is my 1st post here. I moved to SJ a while back and am about to start up a tank again. In TX, I had a 220g and a 29 biocube. I won’t be setting up anything near as big as my previous one given the significant downsizing I did coming here but I am planning on setting up a 34 bio cube with LEDs I won at MACNA a couple years ago that’s been sitting in my garage. Excited to be back in it soon and look forward to reading in this forum!

A couple clowns, Blenny, probably not a ton more, it’s a 32g and I’m into corals so would need to be reef safe fish. Where are good places to get corals here (SJ area). Do we have drag swaps on this forum or is it most LFS?

I’ve never been to the aquarium in London. I was spoiled in Dallas as far as aquariums go as I had friends who worked at DAllas World Aquarium.

Welcome! My go-to is Neptune Aquatics, great selection and quality. @Kim Pattinson breeds some of the best clownfish if you’re into designer clowns, she might be at the coral farmers market in Cupertino this September which is also great to check out.

A couple clowns, Blenny, probably not a ton more, it’s a 32g and I’m into corals so would need to be reef safe fish. Where are good places to get corals here (SJ area). Do we have drag swaps on this forum or is it most LFS?

I’ve never been to the aquarium in London. I was spoiled in Dallas as far as aquariums go as I had friends who worked at DAllas World Aquarium.
Pardon my chuckle at the Autocorrect issue, it’s happened to me too. Being San Francisco, yes, there are drag swaps. There are frag swaps too. I really do need to figure out how to add frag to the Autocorrect dictionary.
I miss DWA as well. Last year they gave a presentation at one of the DFWMAS meets about swordfish conservation that was pretty interesting.

Pardon my chuckle at the Autocorrect issue, it’s happened to me too. Being San Francisco, yes, there are drag swaps. There are frag swaps too. I really do need to figure out how to add frag to the Autocorrect dictionary.
I miss DWA as well. Last year they gave a presentation at one of the DFWMAS meets about swordfish conservation that was pretty interesting.
Haha, I didn’t even notice it but that’s not the first time that’s happened to me (tho SF likely is more applicable than Dallas on the autocorrect.)

Welcome! My go-to is Neptune Aquatics, great selection and quality. @Kim Pattinson breeds some of the best clownfish if you’re into designer clowns, she might be at the coral farmers market in Cupertino this September which is also great to check out.
where do I find out info on this coral farmers market? That timing (Sept) feels like perfect timing for my setup. Where is Kim’s location? From a quick search, sounds like a wholesaler unless it’s a specific want, but might be wrong on that?

Back