High Tide Aquatics

LF Chaeto to start up a refugium

Chrism1330

Supporting Member
does anyone have some Chaeto they can spare so I can start up a refugium? I was looking at AlgaeBarn but I thought I might ask here first. I’m located in SF.

I wont be at the frag swap unfortunately… I’m leaving that day to Hawaii. My next question would be is it possible to have two types of macro algae? I’m supposed to pick up that red macro from JVU but am I allowed to keep two types in the refugium is that ideal? Or it’s best to keep one type

I wont be at the frag swap unfortunately… I’m leaving that day to Hawaii. My next question would be is it possible to have two types of macro algae? I’m supposed to pick up that red macro from JVU but am I allowed to keep two types in the refugium

Always possible, but there is a chance one will outgrow and smother the other unless you keep the fuge grow well trimmed.

I wont be at the frag swap unfortunately… I’m leaving that day to Hawaii. My next question would be is it possible to have two types of macro algae? I’m supposed to pick up that red macro from JVU but am I allowed to keep two types in the refugium is that ideal? Or it’s best to keep one type
I keep both. The chaeto grows faster so it can block the light over the Halymenia.

Back