Neptune Aquatics

LF fridge tech

popper

Supporting Member
My fridge freezer isn't cold anymore. Swapped several parts to no avail. Any recommendation is appreciated. I'm in SJ.

Checked freon, coil, and fan. Replaced thermostat and temp sensor.

Compressor is warm but don't know how to check if it's working correctly.

Thanks

Tagging along, as my fridge is not cooling too. But I’m in SF, would be great if someone in the area could take a look and give a quote. Many thanks!

Dumb question, but cleaned the dust out of the vents and coils?

I wanted to just get our ice maker fixed. I couldn't find someone willing to do it. It seemed like it was more cost effective to just buy a new one, which seemed absurd. I just gave up on having ice...

You can check out YouTube videos under car ac. They are all similar. I buy equipment from harbor freight or Amazon. It’s pretty easy. Or you can go to a auto supply store and try the can ac recharge.
If it’s a old frig they use up all the Freon. The can will work. If you think it has a leak. You would drop dye in the system and look at the pipes with a black light for a leak. The system is very basic.

Last edited:
Dumb question, but cleaned the dust out of the vents and coils?

I wanted to just get our ice maker fixed. I couldn't find someone willing to do it. It seemed like it was more cost effective to just buy a new one, which seemed absurd. I just gave up on having ice...
vent and coil are clean.

when my ice maker stop working, I set it to super ice, something of that wording, for a day...next day turned ice off, next day turn it back to normal ice and that fixed it.

You can check out YouTube videos under car ac. They are all similar. I buy equipment from harbor freight or Amazon. It’s pretty easy. Or you can go to a auto supply store and try the can ac recharge.
If it’s a old frig they use up all the Freon. The can will work. If you think it has a leak. You would drop dye in the system and look at the pipes with a black light for a leak. The system is very basic.
Fridge is about 5 year of age. already did that. freon is full.

I checked a lot of videos on the web and troubleshooted the basic, I’m suspecting the Freon lines might be clogged on my fridge.

1653431211595.jpeg

This is a basic ac system. The dryer only removes moisture in the system. I don’t think it clogs. Honestly with out gauges on it. It’s guessing. And I’m not great at it. I played around with them in school and on cars. My brother plays around with them on his rentals so I know they are similar.

This is a basic ac system. The dryer only removes moisture in the system. I don’t think it clogs. Honestly with out gauges on it. It’s guessing. And I’m not great at it. I played around with them in school and on cars. My brother plays around with them on his rentals so I know they are similar.
Dryers do clog, watch any HVACR video on YT and you'll see him replacing clogged dryers.

Back