Reef nutrition

LF: Tank Buddy during summer vacation period (Walnut Creek)

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
I wonder if there is some interest in a tank buddy arrangement during the summer vacation to watch each other's tanks.

We moved to California two years ago and now know a few people who could watch our two tanks. However, none of them know about reef tanks, and I am not sure how useful having them help is if there is really 'help' needed beyond what is automated.

From what I have seen and read, months and years of progress and time and financial investment can be wiped out immediately by unexpected events, which often seem to happen when we are not home. So, planning to have someone who could mitigate these issues if they occur when we are not around appears to be a rather important consideration.

We will be in Germany for two weeks in the second half of June and potentially another week until school starts again, but it has not been planned yet.

I’m also in Walnut Creek and you should feel free to reach out to me if your tanks have an issue that requires reefing experience while you’re away. But I’m not the guy for tank sitting if you mean coming by every day for feeding/maintenance or whatever. You have my number.

Mike @Coral reefer and Erin @Kensington Reefer are the pros though if you want to set something up with either of them.

Back