Neptune Aquatics

Long time reefer first time poster.

Hi all,

I’m new to BAR and started reefing about 20 years ago. I have not had a tank for the past couple of years but I am getting my 35 gallon cube up and running again. In the past I had zoas, shrooms and anemones. I have kept BTAs (10+ yrs), Haddoni (1-2yrs) long term and I had a Mag for about 6 weeks before I returned it to the LFS because of a long out of town trip. Still wish I had kept that Mag, it was by far my favorite reef animal. My plan this time is to have a bunch multi colored BTAs (unless I can find another Mag) and 8-10 clowns. At this time the tank is cycling with dry rock, I'm using the BRS method so in about 2-3 weeks I'll be able add the clowns. I'm looking for a breeder so I can get a harem of clowns from the same clutch and start gathering anemones after that.

I was at Violet Aquarium the other day and they had a few Mertens anemones that looked healthy. I wish I had a larger tank that was cycled since these anemones get so large…... Oh well, another time.

I love to DIY as much as possible (I'm a high school manufacturing teacher) and I am in the process of wiring up an LED light for the display and an algae reactor for the sump.

Anyway, stoked I found this group and can't wait to get the tank stocked.

Take care all,

Aaron

Welcome. Do you think 8-10 clowns is too many for a 35g. I have 3 in my 50 AIO with 4 nems and it feels claustrophobic.

Welcome to BAR!
I used to have a harem tank as well. Looking forward to your tank journal.
For clowns from the same clutch there are a few local breeders.
1. Jerry and @Kim Pattison from Kimmie's Clownfish Factory in Stockton.
2. @Cheedo in San Jose.
3. Robin in Orinda.
4. Derrick in Alameda.
5. Thomas in Milpitas for Bicinctus Clowns.

Welcome to BAR!
I used to have a harem tank as well. Looking forward to your tank journal.
For clowns from the same clutch there are a few local breeders.
1. Jerry and @Kim Pattison from Kimmie's Clownfish Factory in Stockton.
2. @Cheedo in San Jose.
3. Robin in Orinda.
4. Derrick in Alameda.
5. Thomas in Milpitas for Bicinctus Clowns.
Awesome, thanks for the breeder info!!

Back