Reef nutrition

Looking for electrician !

Beanju

Supporting Member
Hello not sure it’s the right forum but I am looking for an electrician to :
- add some outlets in my garage
- potentially also a new sub panel, if possible
- help me run some cat6 cable in my house, alone I struggle too much

I got 1 quote to add an outlet from an existing outlet in my garage $750 …

more info would be nice how far is next outlet ? is garage covered by sheet rock is it it
open ? pics would be nice. really hard justify the cost. to add an outlet from another outlet is fairly easy a general contractor or handyman could do it.

it’s basically from one side of the garage door to the other side , so going above it. It's inside the garage, so running the cable on top of the drywall

You will have to extend the existing receptacle out with a box, then conduit up and over to the other side where another box/receptacle will be surface mounted. I added some from my garage receptacle as shown in the pic.

The price you were quoted seems very high, you should expect $400-$450 maybe 2.5 hrs work + materials.

I don’t really do side work anymore but I can help if you can’t find someone.

Attachments

• 551BFD43-724A-4762-9302-BC4FFEA23463.jpeg
    551BFD43-724A-4762-9302-BC4FFEA23463.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 135
the outlet Is near the water heater and they tell me 6h to run a conduit from the outlet , above the garage, to end near the tank ... and $600 and on top of that I pay for conduit + wire
@ReefSparky what you did is exactly what I am looking to do
IMG_3725.jpg

If you can't find a member who's an electrician toss me a note... I've used a particular electrician a few times with good result and I can pass on his contact info if you need.

Back