Kessil

Looking to buy and split All-For-Reef - Powder Mix - Tropic Marin

Did anybody try to use this product before? Can you share some feedback if possible :)

Is anybody from sf area that might wanna share this product: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/all-for-reef-powder-mix-tropic-marin.html
I am thinking to buy and test it, I see a lot of benefits in regards to the product, instead of dosing multiple things you dose only one thing. It seems you need to monitor only the Alkalinity since everything else will get dosed accordingly.

Specifications (per 1,000 mL of mixed solution)
  • Carbonate Hardness Concentration: 6,000 dKH
  • Calcium Concentration: 43,000 mg Ca
  • Magnesium Concentration: 1,900 mg Mg
  • Strontium Concentration: 780 mg
  • Iodine Concentration: 34 mg
In addition to the calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium, All-For-Reef comes pre-mixed with the same elements used in their Trace A and Trace K
  • A- ELEMENTS - contains anions of the trace elements bromine, fluorine, iodine, lithium, molybdenum, selenium and vanadium in pure mineral form
  • K+ ELEMENTS - contains cations of the trace elements barium, chrome, cobalt, iron, copper, manganese, nickel, strontium and zinc in pure mineral form

I think is a good product, you get all the trace elements and the main elements in one thing. You don't really have to buy additional trace elements dosing and tons of test kits.

Same as @newfly . I have 10 L mixed, another 10 L of powder, and a third 10 L of powder coming from Germany.....at some point.

Happy to give you some solution to try out. Just keep in mind, as I was unaware of this before @JVU 's thread, that the raise in alkalinity is not immediate. It's supplied in the form of calcium formate, which has to be processed by bacteria before it's 'free' and available to the coral (which takes 2 to 6 hours).

I was thinking to find somebody to buy some.
What results do you guys have after using it for a month? Kinda curios if you guys like it.

I used the premixed liquid for a month, then transitioned to the powder.

So far I'm loving it. Anecdotally, I think my tank's happier with it, I like that I don't have to dose multiple solutions, and the cost is reasonable (dosing 54 mL/day on my current system, which means it's costing me about 37 cents a day).

Back