got ethical husbandry?

Maureen's Classroom DSA 105

No idea - from @Holly94583 If you would like some it would be good to have it in more than one tank in case something happens to ours. Side view:
View attachment 42421
I read before the best way to frag is cut a branch, drill a little hole into rock, strip a bit of flesh like stripping copper wire, then glue the skeleton bit into the hole. Yours is huge though! Adds a very natural look to the tank. When I snorkeled in the keys earlier this year, the gorgonians were everywhere among the corals and lots of fish used them as hiding spots.

I read before the best way to frag is cut a branch, drill a little hole into rock, strip a bit of flesh like stripping copper wire, then glue the skeleton bit into the hole. Yours is huge though! Adds a very natural look to the tank. When I snorkeled in the keys earlier this year, the gorgonians were everywhere among the corals and lots of fish used them as hiding spots.
Check out posts #174-175,178 above! Ooooh - I would love to see them in the wild!

Once our frag tank is fixed up and one class calms the heck down we will be fragging. Need to chill a bit with learning about tides for a couple classes then practice fragging with playdough models.

Most of my pics are not of great looking tanks, but our 105g is showing its stability. Here are some of my favorite corals in it. Quite a few came from past swaps!

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5500.JPG
IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5503.JPG
IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5499.JPG

Last edited:
:mad: Favia looked fine on Friday. So that orange Lobo (?) stung it, I guess. Previous post shows how close it was. We moved it to the side as pictured here. Not sure anything would eat Favia. That Lobo was a tiny orange and green frag in 2016 and it has lived through some tank ordeals. I wonder what it would look like if I gave it more space. Need to rearrange. Hope Favia recovers. Students love it and I think every one has poked it gently with a long tool bc they all think it looks soft and wavy. A couple thought it was a special octopus.

IMG_5545.JPG

:mad: Favia looked fine on Friday. So that orange Lobo (?) stung it, I guess. Previous post shows how close it was. We moved it to the side as pictured here. Not sure anything would eat Favia. That Lobo was a tiny orange and green frag in 2016 and it has lived through some tank ordeals. I wonder what it would look like if I gave it more space. Need to rearrange. Hope Favia recovers. Students love it and I think every one has poked it gently with a long tool bc they all think it looks soft and wavy. A couple thought it was a special octopus.

View attachment 42713

You are correct!
The lobo definitely nuked that favid

View attachment 42713
This is a newbie question but which is the favia? The purple one with green spots?

I have the same one in my tank, but it’s been in there since the tank transfer and has finally started growing for the first time - i just don’t remember what it is!

This is a newbie question but which is the favia? The purple one with green spots?

I have the same one in my tank, but it’s been in there since the tank transfer and has finally started growing for the first time - i just don’t remember what it is!

Yeah, thats the one.

Back