Reef nutrition

Popper's IM200ext

Got algae today. Good sign. Took 6 days since added One and Only,
20230501_222605.jpg

Already has algae therefore added snails.

Transferred fish from qt on 5/2.

Today 5/3 added 1st coral. A zoa orange with green center and brown skirt.

Water got murkier.

Fish list:
Power blue tang 3-3.5"
Yellow tang 4-4.5"
blue tang 4-4.5"
Black ice snowflake clown 2"
Wyoming white clown 1.75"
Ocellaris clown 2.75"
Flame angel 2.25"
Watanabe angel 2"
Red Head Solon wrasse 2.5"
Unknown fairy wrasse 1.5"
Blue damsel 2"
Royal gramma 1.5"
Yellow watchman goby 1.5"
Cleaner shrimp 1.25"

20230503_172130.jpg
20230503_172155.jpg

Last edited:
Moved 80% corals over. Center stage will be torches. Left side zoas, right side hammers, goni, and anemone. The backstage will be shrooms and acros (havent transferred) Rock structures have many caves.

The black ice snowflake was fighting with the Wyoming clown. Since the black ice is new, able to capture and jailed it.
20230510_103512.jpg
20230510_103518.jpg
20230510_103527.jpg
20230510_103544.jpg
Got 2 holy grail variant today from Corals Kingdom. They had a one day 60% sale. Came with 1 surprise free torch.

Out of curiosity, what are you using for your ATO reservoir?
Tunze 3155 and this 29ish gallon. Fits perfect inside stand next to sump with a few inches to spare.

That's the tank I used for copper hypo treatment. I bleached it for 2 days, citric acid bath for 2 days then washed off with dishwasher detergent.

Is that enough to remove traces of copper?

Luckily the stand is next to backyard door for easy water change.
20230511_205953.jpg

If you don't have any constructive feedback please stop replying to all my posts with useless comments.
He has a good point about nems in a mixed reef. The risk is too high imo and too much of a pain to deal with when they go walking around. I had some in my 225 when it was fairly empty and took them out before I added acros and other more expensive coral. Two came out no problem, one took me a few hours trying to get it off the rock without ripping it apart.

The issue with nems in a reef is even if they do stay in one spot (which they won't eventually) they will split and keep splitting and the new splits have the potential to walk around. Once you have money invested into a lot of nice coral, it's not a good idea to play the lottery on which one the nem will go and sting.

With that being said, it's your tank.

(Pretty sure this is what his comment was implying)

He has a good point about nems in a mixed reef. The risk is too high imo and too much of a pain to deal with when they go walking around. I had some in my 225 when it was fairly empty and took them out before I added acros and other more expensive coral. Two came out no problem, one took me a few hours trying to get it off the rock without ripping it apart.

The issue with nems in a reef is even if they do stay in one spot (which they won't eventually) they will split and keep splitting and the new splits have the potential to walk around. Once you have money invested into a lot of nice coral, it's not a good idea to play the lottery on which one the nem will go and sting.

With that being said, it's your tank.

(Pretty sure this is what his comment was implying)
Pretty much. Also, it’s not really cool to the animals you’re keeping to expose them to that risk of death. If you want to keep them alive avoid another animal that is very capable and likely in the long term of killing some of them at any time

Tunze 3155 and this 29ish gallon. Fits perfect inside stand next to sump with a few inches to spare.

That's the tank I used for copper hypo treatment. I bleached it for 2 days, citric acid bath for 2 days then washed off with dishwasher detergent.

Is that enough to remove traces of copper?

Luckily the stand is next to backyard door for easy water change.
View attachment 47397
Nice, thank you! How often are you having to refill it?

3 clowns are happy in along with 3 anemones. They'll probably die of disaster or disease before the age limit.

I probably killed over 300 fish in this hobby already due to various reasons. So a few more don't worry me. People eat animals all the time. Some even hunt for sports.

the hyposalinity and copper qt works great. the purple tang is getting along with yellow, power blue and blue tangs.

The 200EXT actually holds 168 gallons (internal measurement) instead of 200 gallons. I'm going off memory, not in front of the tank to double-check internal measurement.
It's 200 gallons if you measure tank's external dimensions. Is that clever marketing or a serious deception awaiting a lawsuit?

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 9.25.55 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 9.26.18 AM.png

That’s how just about all tank volumes are rated
My question is this. The tank is the dimensions they said, so what do you care about the actual water volume?

Back