got ethical husbandry?

Mushroom Cages Rock!

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Got some shroom cages from Reefway and students used them in our end of semester frag-o-rama (abbreviated version). I highly recommend them! Stopped by the classroom today during winter break and was shocked to see some tiny frags filling out as full shrooms! Couldn’t get good photos, but continued thanks to @JVU for the green/purple ones and @Mr2KiEu for Tequila Sunrise and red with blue dots!
B2B9E970-9017-4774-B1B6-A7CAADD19ACF.jpeg
0ECF145C-B881-4281-942B-470E6D1A9448.jpeg

That is so cool Maureen!
Next time you want anything for your school, please let me know - I'm happy to design / fab / 3D print stuff for your students for no charge!

PS: Wish I had such awesome projects when I was in school!
Thank you very much! Not sure of the state of our 3D printers on campus but I think they must be in bad shape. If anything comes up, it is nice to know I can ask you (and others) here. :)
PS - Peeked at the shroom frags in cages again - they look full grown! Usually lots of bits blow away in the current or algae grows on netting while I wait for attachment to rubble.
Also sent feedback message to owner Xue Vang and mentioned I heard about Reefway from BAR members - he said you were great customers before he made his company.
I'm looking forward to figuring out how to set up floss cups in the new year.

Reactions: JVU
Check out how the shroom frags grew in the cages. It is nice to have some positivity in this annus horribilis.
Most importantly, fall semester students are super proud of themselves and think coral growth is amazing, and the ones who started in January are intrigued and look forward to fragging since they have now learned about marine life forms and polyps.
IMG_3336.JPG
5pic.JPG

Back