Neptune Aquatics

Nassarius Snails laying eggs

Lullaby

Supporting Member
Woke up this morning to three egg swatches in the rear area of my 20g. Free food??!

Attachments

• 20240709_083532.jpg
    20240709_083532.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 61
Mine did this too, the eggs disappeared after a day or two. I think some cuc got some extra protein lol

I wish they would actually breed with success, but it is what it is. Free food is free food

I have success with Trochus snails. They breed frequently in my tank. I have tons of babies right now. Usually a small number will make it to adult.
That's really cool! Would you be willing to trade me a couple? I would love to have clean up crew that don't rely on collection in the wild.

That's really cool! Would you be willing to trade me a couple? I would love to have clean up crew that don't rely on collection in the wild.
If anything, that's a reason to try to breed them - captive bred over wild caught. If any survive I'll update the thread. Hopefully I'll have some to toss into the DBTC.

There is a dbtc of these too, but if you don't have wrasses, the babies will populate quickly. I was thinking of keeping one of the small tanks wrasse free to try to let them grow out.

I’ve had some babies make it on occasion
Same - Hard to tell which batch of eggs they were a part of, but all of a sudden a dozen or more same-sized baby nassarius just appear. Toss in a silverside for a few minutes and you’ll see the little ninjas emerge. Kinda fun to see!

Back