Neptune Aquatics

Need help IDing 3 new corals and their PAR requirements

Captain Ron

Supporting Member
I picked up 3 corals today and was wondering what each of them were called, and was also wondering if anyone know how much PAR (I have a MQ-510 meter) each coral prefers.
Thanks!

Coral #1:

Coral_1.jpg

Coral #2:

Coral_2.jpg

Coral 3:

Coral_3.jpg

My space invader chalice (coral #2) gets 300+ and grows like crazy. I’m sure it would do fine with less too.
Your space invader chalice is unreal!

For comparison sake, here is mine which sat at between 75-150 par for 3.5 years and started the size of a quarter. This was the pic of it being transported to its new home this week. Was about a foot and a half x a foot.

I don’t buy the PAR hype. LPS in my experience are pretty resilient and can adapt

Attachments

• IMG_8744.jpeg
    IMG_8744.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 36
Thank you everyone. Well I have the low flow covered. The flow may be too low at the moment because there is only a sponge filter in the tank (20 long) right now. Currently the chalice is near 150 par, the blasto probably around 110 to 120, and the favia probably around 130. The tank gets some ambient light and my light cycle is set for 7 hours at the above pars, and off otherwise. Do you think I should increase the time the lights are on?

Thank you everyone. Well I have the low flow covered. The flow may be too low at the moment because there is only a sponge filter in the tank (20 long) right now. Currently the chalice is near 150 par, the blasto probably around 110 to 120, and the favia probably around 130. The tank gets some ambient light and my light cycle is set for 7 hours at the above pars, and off otherwise. Do you think I should increase the time the lights are on?
That should be adquate for not now, I would observe and go from there. With chalice and favia just make sure detritus doesn't settle on top of them. It can cause them the to receed and die. They don't need lots of flow, just enough to keep them clean.

Back