Jestersix

Nem deciding to move

jonmedina

Supporting Member
Hey all - after being in one place forever, my baseball sized anemone decided to walk off and is starting to encroach and sting my goni on the other side of the tank. I want to get him out and move him with as little disruption as possible. This is literally the one place in the tank where he'll cause problems. Can I somehow make this spot inhospitable, point a powerhead at it or something? Or what's the best way to grab it without damaging it.

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpeg
    IMG_3814.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 32
haven't tried it myself so try at your own risk. nem cannon seems like a good idea.

haven't tried it myself so try at your own risk. nem cannon seems like a good idea.

I have done this and it does work quite well. As long as it’s in a spot where you can get the sponge to seat effectively.

Edit: one more tip - I would only glue the pipe about halfway through the sponge. If you push it all the way through so it’s flush, you can pinch your nem on the edge of the pipe when you go to seal it down on the rock. This will make more sense once you start messing around with it. It works though, good luck!

Last edited:
Back