Our mission

Nervous Trigger

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
My blue chin trigger looks great and eats very well, but he seems very nervous, racing along the glass and looking to jump. He freaks out even more when I walk near the tank.

He’s not the victim of any aggression that I have seen and sleeps in his very own, trigger-sized cave.

Should I start dosing Valium?

Just kidding - any ideas or similar experiences?

I think it’s the same as what I’ve seen called a blue jaw? If so I’ve seen them in smaller tanks do fine. No clue what it’s telling you.

Fish feel vibrations very well
water is a very dense environment relative to air
they feel your foot steps
closing doors
large trucks going buy
nervous fish
glad to hear you have a lid

Thanks for asking!

He’s better. He has his days. When someone close to the tank makes a sudden move, he tends to freak out. He looks fine and eats well.

When we first got him, he would swim near his cave and retreat into it when someone approached. Slowly, he started to stay out more often. Now, he’s out all day but spends almost all his time swimming against the glass.

I think peninsula tanks are a bit nerve wracking for some fish.

Here’s a short video - he’s at the surface.

That lions like a fish with a personality. Too bad I can’t keep a trigger, they get too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found a pattern: if someone with a bright colored shirt walks in the room, he absolutely freaks out. I tried using a bright green fiber cloth to clean the glass but he was not having it. The grey one was ok.

Back