Cali Kid Corals

New(ish) Member!

yosemiteclimber

Supporting Member
Hi All!

I'm Eric - the "Other Eric" (Srt4Eric) as he will now be referred to convinced me to join when discussing tank build threads in a Facebook group (where I probably already know a few of you). I mentioned starting a new build thread on R2R as I recently picked up a large "project tank" to share with the FB group and he yelled at me. So here I am, figured I'd become a member as well to help support the local community!

I got back in to reefing about three years ago after a 20+ year hiatus - wow it's change a LOT! Started on a whim by putting a little evo XII 13.5 on my Amazon wishlist for Christmas (which my wife now regrets buying me, hey she's the one who said I needed a hobby!) - within a week I was already doing upgrades to filter baskets, return pump, AI HD16s, refugium... hooked
soon followed by an IM 40 Fusion
and now the "project" in the garage.

I'll have to get started on the build thread, I was a little lax with photos getting started - I'm pretty bad about remembering to take pics while I'm working because I just get too focused on what I'm doing. Not much work lately, been out of town or it's just been too darn hot in the garage (it's only supposed to be 105 here in Walnut Creek today!) .

Anyway glad to be here, look forward to meeting you all and being part of the community, I'll definitely be at CFM in September as well!

Last edited:
Welcome, Eric!
I hope to see you around at events. Can I see what your Evo looks like now? :D
She’s more of a QT/hospital/storage tank right now lol, and a bit of a mess…

Attachments

• IMG_6227.jpeg
    IMG_6227.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 19
Back