High Tide Aquatics

New to reefing

Hey everyone! I'm new to this hobby, and Twisted helped me get started out with a 12g IM Nuvo. Just wanted to say hi and post a pic of my tank in its infancy :)

So far I've got a Tyree Toadstool, two Pink Skunk Clowns, and 3 snails: A Turbo, Trochus, and Astrea.

Keeping my tank currently between 78 and 79 Fahrenheit, and watching the salinity to keep the S.G. at nearly 1.025.

Got an AI Prime lighting everything up, and so far everything looks fairly good. Fighting a bit of Algae on the walls and sand currently so insight into that is appreciated. I'm feeding once every other day and doing water changes (~3gal) once a week.

Thanks for having me!
-J

Attachments

• 1_3_2020.jpg
    1_3_2020.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 197
Welcome to BAR! When you have time, it would be great to start a Tank Journal - find the forum and see what others do, then start your own! It's nice for others to get to know your tank, plus can be fun for you to look back on.

Welcome to BAR. It's a good start. Algae is normal and good to have so that your snails can keep grazing. I think 3g per week water change is a little too much but if it works then keep at it. Also consider feeding more often but less per feeding. Like Mola said, start a tank thread when you get a chance. Hope to see you and Twisted around at the next meet ups.

Back