High Tide Aquatics

New to the group. Hi

Socalredline

Supporting Member
Hey! A place for me

Been freshwater hobbyist for a good portion of my life. Got back into the hobby heavy during Covid and started 3d printing everything.
We had a lot of tanks. We are finally down to 2. The 16g main and a 5g Blue Bolt shrimp breeder.

Never done reefing or salt water. Definitely a reefer at heart tho.

Looking forward to getting my first frag (in the far far future)

IMG_1460.jpeg
IMG_8815.jpeg
IMG_8146.jpeg
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_3176.jpeg
IMG_7948.jpeg
IMG_1635.jpeg

Hey! A place for me

Been freshwater hobbyist for a good portion of my life. Got back into the hobby heavy during Covid and started 3d printing everything.
We had a lot of tanks. We are finally down to 2. The 16g main and a 5g Blue Bolt shrimp breeder.

Never done reefing or salt water. Definitely a reefer at heart tho.

Looking forward to getting my first frag (in the far far future)

View attachment 60463View attachment 60464View attachment 60465View attachment 60466View attachment 60467View attachment 60468View attachment 60469
Welcome to the group.

In saltwater stability is important. Larger tanks tend to be more stable and therefore "easier" to run. Therefore, prepare to get the biggest saltwater tank you and fit and afford :p

Heh. This goes for all aquariums. Caveat being well established media/substrate. So far I’ve found as long as the substrate is healthy and converting nitrates that tank is healthy. I have been a sub-gravel/substrate filter person since way back when that was the norm.

Fwiw. These planted nano tanks are kind of like self watering house plants more than aquariums.

Welcome to the club. It's very contagious here, you will seldom hear the words "don't get it" mentioned here. Enablers is a very true statement.

Heh. This goes for all aquariums. Caveat being well established media/substrate. So far I’ve found as long as the substrate is healthy and converting nitrates that tank is healthy. I have been a sub-gravel/substrate filter person since way back when that was the norm.

Fwiw. These planted nano tanks are kind of like self watering house plants more than aquariums.
Alota bare bottom reefers here!! Were you using Co2 on those nice looking tanks?
Welcome to the club!

Only the main. (And I have tds and ph meters on it, so only a step anway from calcium generator) And I get a whole bucket full of Anubias and ferns I toss every few months. Anyone here trade plants?

Back