Our mission

Nice color corals under white lights

I'm looking for some nice colored corals that look good under whites. I have some that are nice but got a few recently that looked good in pics but are pretty bland under whites. I'm more specifically looking for sps.

What type of corals you tend to keep? LPS, SPS, softies? I run mostly whites / full spectrum during the day... so can give some recommendations that might help...

Hah... just realized i missed the detail in your first post about sps...

I assume when you say whites, you mean full spectrum...

If so, you actually have a lot of choices. From generic frags to high end pieces.

Typically blue and green pieces show well under whites. And to some degree gold/yellow pieces. Just look for these types in the frag sections.

My rainbow pocillopora dbtc shows well if you have a tank journal up and want to pick up in Mountain View.

Mid-range would be any of the blue torts like oregon or Cali. EF Thanos is another.

On the higher end of things, if you want to go there, a few suggestions include JF Homewrecker, rte 66 Merlin's staff ...etc.

My tank under whites
20201123_153833.jpg

Jf homewrecker
20201119_152002.jpg

@Coral reefer thanks, but I'm getting some from Adit0
@NanoCrazed yes, full spectrum. I think I'm going to stay away from the poci, I have a piece in one of my other tanks and don't want it taking over this one. It's good to know that some nice higher end ones look good under full spectrum. I do have some sps that look good, like forest fire and German blue digi and purple stylo, but others like birds nest, crown of thorns and green tip scripps are all pretty bland.

Back