Neptune Aquatics

Old mp40 running HOT ???

Having a degree in aeronautics. I can’t leave anything alone. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Super old mp40. Running super hot. Well not anymore. .
It ain’t stupid if it works. Hehehehe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 142
Having a degree in aeronautics. I can’t leave anything alone. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Super old mp40. Running super hot. Well not anymore. .
It ain’t stupid if it works. Hehehehe.
Nice! What's the root cause of the issue?

As someone who has worked on robotic systems for 10+ years, I'd be curious to find out what is wrong.

My hypothesis is worn out bearings. Should be straightforward to replace.

Just a reminder that If the interior of the case gets hot enough to melt the enamel of the stator windings, it will be a fire hazard, and possibly blow out the controller.

Last edited:
Nice! What's the root cause of the issue?

As someone who has worked on robotic systems for 10+ years, I'd be curious to find out what is wrong.

If the interior of the case gets hot enough to melt the enamel of the rotor windings, it will be a fire hazard, and possibly blow out the controller.
Dunno. My buddy gave it to me yesterday. It’s from 2012. If I run it med speed it’s fine. If I run it high it’s hot. If I had to guess the motor winding is probably a little swollen. I googled it. People complain about the old units running hot.
I’ve never had a mp40 before. I’m just playing with it.

Edit. Sorry. Just reread your post. Yes. I agree also. Worn out bearings is a high possibility.

Last edited:
Back