Cali Kid Corals

Peace of Mind with 13KW Whole House Generator Finally Done

This is awesome thread thank you for sharing.
In the wake os the scale last month I got a Honda generator for emergencies. But damn they are noisy..

I've used a Honda EU2200i and it was by far the quietest generator I've ever used of that size. Mind you my comparison is to old cheap non-inverter generators.
I live in SF, so I'm not sure they'd let me put in something permanent as much as I'd like to. At some point I'd like to build a sound blocking enclosure, but I probably need to be below the nosy neighbors threshold.

I've used a Honda EU2200i and it was by far the quietest generator I've ever used of that size. Mind you my comparison is to old cheap non-inverter generators.
I live in SF, so I'm not sure they'd let me put in something permanent as much as I'd like to. At some point I'd like to build a sound blocking enclosure, but I probably need to be below the nosy neighbors threshold.
It's quieter in eco mode at lower RPM

Honda EU inverter style generators are very quiet. Non inverter gen sets are going to be quite a bit louder.

My Honda eu6500is feeds my house through a manual transfer switch and 100amp sub panel. Ran like a champ last week for 6 hours during the latest outage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20200909_171401.jpg
    20200909_171401.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 193
The EU ones are much quieter, I don’t own one before but saw one of them in action for those food trucks. Got a Firman one from Costco, stated it’s pretty quiet but it’s crazy loud had to return it.

Honda EU inverter style generators are very quiet. Non inverter gen sets are going to be quite a bit louder.

My Honda eu6500is feeds my house through a manual transfer switch and 100amp sub panel. Ran like a champ last week for 6 hours during the latest outage.

Which manual transfer was it? Can you take a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The EU ones are much quieter, I don’t own one before but saw one of them in action for those food trucks. Got a Firman one from Costco, stated it’s pretty quiet but it’s crazy loud had to return it.
I got my mom the same one from Costco- the triple fuel? I’m going to have a friend wire a manual switch for her.

me, I went solar and batts several months ago.

Attachments

• CB35C993-7BC5-45EE-8E59-FA239D9C9E43.jpeg
    CB35C993-7BC5-45EE-8E59-FA239D9C9E43.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 206
I got my mom the same one from Costco- the triple fuel? I’m going to have a friend wire a manual switch for her.

me, I went solar and batts several months ago.
I tried the gas one only, hope your tri-fuel one is quieter. My neighbors were not happy running it for about two hours in the back yard, luckily the power outage was not as long as advertised.

Which manual transfer was it? Can you take a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's just a basic transfer switch. Not a load center or anything like that. All it does is choose whether the 100amp sub panel receives power from pge or the generator. I'll try to remember to take photos of the setup when I get home. I'll even take a video and db reading of how loud it is running[emoji16]

Back