Our mission

Post being suppressed?

Just today @rygh tried out something we wanted to try (and has been talked about on the threads and at the meeting Sat) where the BST threads aren’t showing in the first section of recent posts that show on the homepage. So far he has figured out how to not show BST threads in the first recent posts section, but hasn’t figured out how to make a second section to include the BST threads yet. We definitely are not suppressing your thread specifically.

Just did a test and this is correct. Glad to hear we are making progress on the issue but I undoubtably expected some hiccups so for now we just have to be patient till the kinks are worked out.

I like the change, thank you @rygh for implementing.

I think it’s good to not promote BsT and keep it in its section. Does anyone know of a way to set up notifications for posts in a subforum? I know I had that when I used tapatalk

I like the change, thank you @rygh for implementing.

I think it’s good to not promote BsT and keep it in its section. Does anyone know of a way to set up notifications for posts in a subforum? I know I had that when I used tapatalk
At the top right of each forum and each thread there is a button ”Watch”. This will send you notifications in whatever way you have set up in your account preferences.

Oh ok! I thought for a second that I was banned or something! :)

What's the reason for separating them out?

During the BOD meeting this Saturday, one topic that came up was how, when visiting the site, it seems like a large proportion of posts in the 'new' section are usually from the BST forum. Some users have voiced the opinion it gives the club forum the impression of being a thrift store/classifieds section/etc (not this exact wording, but in a similar vein). A proposed suggestion was to sequester these to avoid them showing up on the front page/encourage other discussion, as people who are interested in BST can go seek it out rather than having it dominate discussion.

Back