Reef nutrition

Process Server Recommendations

B the Nano Reefer

Supporting Member
Long shot but thought I’d ask. Anyone have any recommendations for a process server, or want to/know a friend who wants to make a few bucks helping serve some documents?

I have experience doing that. Anyone can do it over the age of 18. If you’re suing someone. You can’t server the other person. Other than that anyone can do it. Technically you have to say the persons name and they have answer. But that’s just hear say. After that person is served. The person that served them, just fills out a form with the courts.
But let’s say you don’t want to do that. You can pay the sheriffs department to serve them. I believe they only make 3 attempts tho.
It’s been a while since I’ve had to serve someone.

Thanks @Turkeysammich, I know the process, the trouble is, the person were attempting to serve will NOT answer the door for the sheriff LOL I’m going to engage a private process server but was hoping for any recommendations. The person being served is also a loose canon. No knowing how they would respond.

Depending on what kind of case it is and what court. I believe in some courts you can send a registered / certified letter and if it’s not delivered over several attempts. You can show the court. Again it’s been a longtime since I’ve had to do that.

Depending on what kind of case it is and what court. I believe in some courts you can send a registered / certified letter and if it’s not delivered over several attempts. You can show the court. Again it’s been a longtime since I’ve had to do that.
Going to need several personal service attempts first in this case, before alternatives are available, unfortunately

I’m on a similar boat, sometimes finding the person to serve make one wonder if it’s worth the effort.
Over a year now…

On the bright side, if an adult is at the place were the person being served resides/works maybe?, you can consider that being served.
I’m trying my luck tomorrow, will take someone with me to a “known” address and if family/relatives are there, will consider that “served”

Substituted service in my case wouldn’t be permitted unless authorized by the judge. Have to make a handful of personal service attempts first … sucks and agreed sometimes it’s just not worth the effort

I’d go with a private investigator or firm that also does process services. Sometimes they have the upper hand on experience specially with surveillances and locating. We didn’t have amazon back then just brown jacket that highly resembled UPS holding package or flowers clip board for signature required lol. Sometimes weed just call the party so we wouldn’t embarrass them at work or social engagements which agreed to meet. Can serve a private PO box if they got one. Place papers under their windshield wipers while their at a stop sign or light. Just be safe have some mace sometimes that works sometimes it don't in physical confrontations! Back-up is useful and nothing wrong keeping the car running and door open to expedite departure if needed. But honestly if there is any inclination of violence or history of mental instability leave it to a professional rather then friend or family. Been outa that career a long time now had some fun memories.
Best of luck

Back