Our mission

PSA: Aquabiomics live sand in stock

Have you used it before? Does it really make that big of an impact on the tank?

I have used it on a couple of occasions. Who really knows, but if you're seeding a tank, at least you know with some certainty that you're putting something in that is free of the common pests we worry about while providing a decent amount of diverse bacterial life.

Gotcha, have you ever added it to an established tank? My thought is if it isn't broke, by mess with it

I think this a "your mileage may vary" case. It would depend on what your current biome diversity looks like. If you have a pretty diverse profile, it likely won't do anything. In my case, I added it to an established tank because I had just run a bunch of antibiotics to the whole tank to take care of some likely widespread coral infections and an aquabiomics test indicated that I had a very low diversity and was dominated by a few select species of bacteria.

I used the Live Reef Rubble in my tank that was almost a year old at the time. The tank was started completely dead (dead rock/sand) so it actually seeded a lot of pods and such that I still see today (5 years later).

Back