Reef nutrition

Pump mount?

I just put together a sump for my tank and everything is working great, but my only problem is my tank temperature has increased about 3-4F. I think my pump in my sump "Magdrive 9.5" is causing this. My problem is I don't have any room to mount the pump outside side the sump so I think I am going to just raise it straight up from inside the sump. I was thinking of using egg crate to make a stand for the pump. Does that sound like it might work or does anybody else have a better idea?

You may have to rely on evaporative cooling at this point. If I follow you, you want to raise the Mag out of the water and plumb the pump into the sump? The issue is that Mags wont prime, so if you do get it going if the pump stops then the return back siphons it will be running dry and burn out.

Try a small clamp on style fan blowing across your sump ;)

I will try the fan thanks. Yeah don't wat to have the pump burn out. Not quite sure on the fan you mean? Are you talking about a desk typr fan that clamps onto the ledge of the desk?

yup that kind... Mag pump releases a lot of heat. On big tank, it's ok but small tank, it can cause a lot of problem. How big is your tank/sump? If you are looking for another pump Eheim is a great pump. It's expensive though.

I had a 100G with a 50G sump/fuge before and I used Mag12. Fan blowing across the sump should be good enough to keep the temp down a bit. My house never get over 77 degree though so that help too.

Oh btw, I PMed you about the tripod. LMK

Back