Jestersix

Quality Tang Source

Can anyone recommend a local source to get quality mature tangs? I’m looking for a Blonde Naso with streamers and a White Tail Bristletooth. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a local source to get quality mature tangs? I’m looking for a Blonde Naso with streamers and a White Tail Bristletooth. Thanks!

Yes. Violet sea in Santa Clara. They wholesale import all the fish themselves. The owner is a no bullshit kinda guy and very honest.

ps... no hippo tangs until a delivery possibly Thursday (I am looking for one)

IMHO 250 is too small for a mature naso, any of them.
I recommend sticking with zebrasoma and ctenochelus species.
One will scrape and the other will pick, they don’t feed on the same algae
And they won’t out grow your 250 too fast

I have had the good fortune of having most of the tang species over the years
They can grow fast and live long
I have many many fish over 10 years

IMHO 250 is too small for a mature naso, any of them.
I recommend sticking with zebrasoma and ctenochelus species.
One will scrape and the other will pick, they don’t feed on the same algae
And they won’t out grow your 250 too fast

I have had the good fortune of having most of the tang species over the years
They can grow fast and live long
I have many many fish over 10 years
Thank you, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience.

A BIG Thank You to those that recommended 'Aquatic Collection' in Hayward. It is a bit of a drive for me from Petaluma, but so worth it! Karson, one of the owners helped me and was very helpful and knowledgeable. The store is very nice, all of the fish and coral look clean, healthy and well taken care of. It is definitely my new go to LFS!

Last edited:
A BIG Thank You to those that recommended 'Aquatic Collection' in Hayward. It is a bit of a drive for me from Petaluma, but so worth it! Karson, one of the owners helped me and was very helpful and knowledgeable. The store is very nice, all of the fish and coral look clean, healthy and well taken care of. It id definitely my new go to LFS!
AC is well worth the drive. Great store and Karson's one of the good guys. It's one of the only LFS's I'd buy from. They will give you honest advice if you're willing to listen.

Back