Jestersix

Questions about Elegance Corals! Tyree? Rare?

salty_taste

Social
BOD
What makes the Tyree pink tip elegance so $$$? Is it because of it being aquacultured and the name? Or does it stand out from other pink tips?

What are some of the more rare elegance look like? To my knowledge like red or yellow makes them stand out more?

care requirements?

What makes the Tyree pink tip elegance so $$$? Is it because of it being aquacultured and the name? Or does it stand out from other pink tips?

What are some of the more rare elegance look like? To my knowledge like red or yellow makes them stand out more?

care requirements?
Linage, and pre Elegance coral disease days. Its much hardier then most others.

Anything different regarding the look and pattern compared to others or simply lineage? Debating on getting a nice elegance for my clowns to make a home out of!

I’d be careful letting an elegance act as a host for clowns. Clowns can sometimes be a little aggressive with their homes and the sharp skeleton on an elegance and the amount of tissue that hangs over the skeleton can easily lead to it being injured, which in turn can potentially lead to fatal bacterial infections.

And some jerked clowns (like maroon) like to "taste" the tentacles of their home (slightly bite/hold and pull/straighten the tentacles)
My last female maroon pulled and ripped off a lot of my elegances' tentacles.

Anything different regarding the look and pattern compared to others or simply lineage? Debating on getting a nice elegance for my clowns to make a home out of!
Nope, not really, but I'd never buy one for hosting clowns as that will be its demise at some point. The main attraction is the success rate.

I think the Tyree Elegance is nice, but there’s now much better looking elegances in the market. It’s just the lineage and rarity that makes them expensive. I bought this 1” one mouth frag from Tony of Reef Raft at the Sept. 2022 CFM. It’s a super slow grower. After almost 2 years it only has 3 mouths at 2.5”.
IMG_3317.jpeg

Some of the higher end or rare elegances are:
Malaysian Lemon Drop elegance
Rasta elegance
Red elegance
Purple elegance
Yellow elegance
@coralexotic Gamora elegance (super nice!!!)

I think the Tyree Elegance is nice, but there’s now much better looking elegances in the market. It’s just the lineage and rarity that makes them expensive. I bought this 1” one mouth frag from Tony of Reef Raft at the Sept. 2022 CFM. It’s a super slow grower. After almost 2 years it only has 3 mouths at 2.5”.
View attachment 58632

Some of the higher end or rare elegances are:
Malaysian Lemon Drop elegance
Rasta elegance
Red elegance
Purple elegance
Yellow elegance
@coralexotic Gamora elegance (super nice!!!)
3 heads too many, time to frag it and share it with me * wink wink*

Back