Kessil

RBTA and Green Leather

patchin

Supporting Member
Help!!!
I was just given a RBTA and a green leather and I don't have a quarantine tank. What do I do? Dip? Very slowly introduce tank water into the tub they're in? Please help.
Thanks Steve

Neither of those animals is likely to harbor parasites. Just acclimate slowly and position them in the tank. Make sure to cover anything the nem can get into w/ foam.

Hey Jim,
I don't know wwhat you mean. Can you clue me in. Also, if you remember my tank, what would I have to do to keep simple sps? Simple way to have auto makeup water? Thanks Steve

jim means that anemones often move around when first in a tank, and sometimes get caught in powerheads/overflows/etc. so keeping foam/guards on them protects the anemones from a premature death..

Thanks,
I did figure out what he meant. Some of the jargon with reef tanks kinda throws me. Being from a hortaculture background, I saw nem and thought he meant nematodes, not anemone. Anyway, as soon as the lights went out it dove down behind the rock structure. Let's hope he does OK. This finger leather? is about 10 inches tall, but is not standing upright. Just the actinics are on now. Is this normal? It's a beautiful neon green. I really need to figure out what I need to do to upgrade my tank, so I feel more assured things will do well.

Back